From Hattiesburg, we drove up to Amory to drop off some things to be stored and spent a few days with my family. Then, we headed down to New Orleans to spend a few days with our friends the Stewarts (and Lee), which was a blast. Something about New Orleans feels like home to me, don't know why. Now, we are in Orlando and settled down for a few weeks. The Ellzey's are spoiling us, cooking for us and taking us places. Next week we are going deep sea fishing!
Tickets are purchased, VISAS have been attained, and we are in the process of securing an apartment right now. That last part has been a wild ride! We thought it was hard picking an apartment in Hattiesburg! It looks like we are going to take up the lease for a couple that is moving out in August. This apartment is beautiful! It has a porch (I am so excited, I can have plants!), three bedrooms, two bathroom (one squatty potty...), a living room, and a kitchen. It comes furnished. To be honest, it almost makes me uncomfortable because it's so nice. I know that I can be extreme with my disdain for material things, and I feel like "Someone" is trying to teach me a lesson! I honestly think I would be more comfortable with crappy living arrangements! What a strange way to get out of one's comfort zone....
So, that's the big thing going on right now. The more interesting updates should be coming soon, our fly-out date is July 11.
No comments:
Post a Comment